Our Commitment to Your Privacy
How and when the Group collects personal information:
1. The Group collects personal information from individuals on a voluntary basis through surveys, contest entry forms, registration forms, questionnaires and transaction documents both online and off-line. The personal information we collect includes contact information (for example names, mailing addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers), demographic information, household information, preference information and transaction-related information.
Use of personal information by the Group:
1. The Group uses personal information that it collects for the following purposes:
a. To communicate with individuals;
b. To understand individual needs;
c. To promote and offer products, services and special offers that meet individual needs or that might be of interest to individuals based on information provided and approved by the Group;
d. To comply with applicable statutory or regulatory requirements;
e. To provide individuals with products or services that are requested or that is part of The Group’s ongoing service with the customers; and
f. To conduct, process and complete transactions with the Group’s customers.
If the Group uses personal information for any other purposes other than those set out above, such purpose will be identified to you at the time the personal information is collected. Alternatively, the Group will contact you to obtain your consent to use your personal information in any new or different manner. Personal information collected by the Group enables us to develop and customize our products and services to better meet the needs and preferences of customers. The Group may, from time to time, contact individuals by electronic format, regular mail or telephone for any of the purposes set out above.
Disclosure of personal information by the Group:
1. The Group does not sell, rent or trade personal information that it collects. The Group will not knowingly disclose personal information to any third parties except in the following circumstances:
a. When the Group has received consent to do so or under limited circumstances specifically described at such time as personal information is collected;
b. When the Group, in good faith, believes the law permits or requires such disclosure;
c. To affiliated and associated companies within the Group and only for the purposes described in section 2 above. Such affiliated and associated companies and their respective employees are restricted from using the personal information for any other purpose other than as described in section 2 above;
d. To its agents, professional advisors, promotional and marketing agencies, and to any other third parties in order to complete transactions, to process data and to service customers. Such third party organizations and their respective employees are only provided with such personal information as is necessary to perform the services for which they had been contracted and are restricted from using the personal information for any other purpose other than as described in section 2 above; and
e. In the event of a sale involving an organization of the Group, personal information may be used or disclosed.
Retention of personal information by the Group:
Collection, use and disclosure of non-identifiable information
1. The Group collects and uses Non-identifiable information to assess the effectiveness of website content and traffic. This allows the Group to improve the quality of visits to websites managed by it by streamlining the ability of website visitors to navigate the sites and develop future programs and content that will be of interest to visitors. Aggregate non-identifiable information is used to perform statistical analysis of the collective characteristics and behaviour of individuals, and to measure demographics and interests.
2. The Group also uses aggregate non-identifiable information it collects to inform its current and prospective sponsors and advertisers about the number of visits to its websites, the demographic characteristics of these visitors and the number of times visitors have viewed and “clicked” on their advertisements. The Group also discloses to advertisers the overall demographics available regarding visitors who “clicked” on their advertisement. Aggregate non-identifiable information may be used to describe the Group’s services and products to third-party such as prospective business partners and financial institutions. In any of these circumstances, no personal information is disclosed.
Websites operated by third parties
Safeguarding personal information
Accessing personal information
Individuals have the right to access, verify and correct or amend all of their personal information collected by the Group. The Group believes that it is imperative that personal information be accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes of which it is collected. Accordingly, to help keep personal information as current as possible, the Group encourages individuals to amend inaccuracies and make corrections to the personal information collected by the Group as often as necessary. To access, verify and correct or amend personal information, please send an email to the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905.850.6154.
How to file a complaint
1. If you wish to make a formal complaint with the Group concerning the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information or our privacy practices, please send an email to the privacy officer at the Group at email@example.com or call 905.850.6154. All complaints will be investigated by the Group’s Privacy Officer as soon as soon as is practical in the circumstances. Individuals will be notified of the outcome of the investigation of complaints clearly and promptly and will be notified of any relevant steps taken or to be taken as a result of the complaint. If you are not satisfied with any decision reached by the Group regarding your privacy complaint, or if you have any concerns about our compliance with PIPEDA, you may contact the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Canada at 1-800-282-1376 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The choice to provide personal information or to receive certain information and promotional materials
Comments and questions
3700 Steeles Ave. West, Suite 800
Vaughan, Ontario L4L 8M9
Attention: Privacy Officer
Effective date of Statement